[klibc] klibc rejected for 2.6.18

Sam Ravnborg sam at ravnborg.org
Fri Jul 7 15:43:07 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 10:38:49PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Well, klibc has -- apparently -- been rejected for 2.6.18.  I guess that
> means now is the time to do additional work.
>
> I am hoping that this will be discussed as KS, and that there will be
> some additional direction from that.  Right now I have to admit to being
> rather discouraged, not so much by the rejection itself as by the lack
> of rationale.
Keep up the good work!

I cannot help when it comes to long term planning and the discusions
about userspace versus kernel space. Expect that it is my impression
that moving stuff out from the kernel to initramfs gives distributions
much more flexibility.

As for the userspace part the klcc support should maybe have been
promoted a bit more? To show that it is relatively easy to build
external programs for link with klibc.

	Sam