[klibc] EXTRA_KLIBCCFLAGS and dash

Sam Ravnborg sam at ravnborg.org
Sat Jul 8 15:13:52 PDT 2006

Hi Martin.

> Well, if I do:
>
>  $ make EXTRA_KLIBCCFLAGS="-Wa,--noexecstack"
Now I see your point.
It is not today supported to supply your own CFLAGS settings like this.
For the kernel no-one has expressed this need - I ame people has just
hacked the top-level Makefile.
For klibc the definitions are 'hidden' in scripts/Kbuild.klibc so less
obvious place to go to change the settings.

If we really need this then some extra care is needed.
Most probarly we do not want to pick up definitions from the environmnet
but limit this to the commandline.

So the question remains - do we really want this feature?
Keep in mind the kernel does not have it.

	Sam