[klibc] EXTRA_KLIBCCFLAGS and dash

Martin Schlemmer azarah at nosferatu.za.org
Sat Jul 8 15:43:30 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 00:13 +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> Hi Martin.
>
> > Well, if I do:
> >
> >  $ make EXTRA_KLIBCCFLAGS="-Wa,--noexecstack"
> Now I see your point.
> It is not today supported to supply your own CFLAGS settings like this.
> For the kernel no-one has expressed this need - I ame people has just
> hacked the top-level Makefile.
> For klibc the definitions are 'hidden' in scripts/Kbuild.klibc so less
> obvious place to go to change the settings.
>
> If we really need this then some extra care is needed.
> Most probarly we do not want to pick up definitions from the environmnet
> but limit this to the commandline.
>
> So the question remains - do we really want this feature?
> Keep in mind the kernel does not have it.

If nobody else needs this, then I will not insist on it, as I can always
just add it some way or another in the package scripts.

I am anyhow currently just trying to shut the QA system up, as I still
need to track down why the shared binaries still end up with executable
stack.  So either way it was more a crutch until I can come up with a
patch to fix it properly without external tampering to the
{C,A,LD}FLAGS.

Thanks,

--
Martin Schlemmer