[klibc] arch.cmd file and init args

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 08:25:58 PDT 2006

On 6/6/06, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> As far as the ordering of arguments, it's long-standing practice that
> later arguments override earlier arguments on the kernel command line.
> Historically, of course, this is because the kernel command line was
> parsed from left to right setting state variables as it went, but people
> have come to expect this and it's not likely to change.

Ahh, I see.  However, last I checked, the get_args code (I apologize
if I have the function name wrong), stopped the very first time it
found a successful match.  I guess that would be my real issue if
later arguments are to override previous arguments.  I will verify
later, but this was the case in early 1.3.X kinit source.

> Note that the kinit command line options are only recognized after a
> "--" to avoid problems.

Ah, that may be part of it then.   I have not used the -- param for
this, and was not aware it was needed.  I will check later.

Thanks