[klibc] [patch] s390: vfork support

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jun 8 08:13:52 PDT 2006

Heiko Carstens wrote:

> Btw.: in usr/klibc/syscalls/Kbuild you just changed:
>
> -                                -ansi -x assembler-with-cpp -E -o $@ $<
> +                                -ansi -x c++ -E -o $@ $<
>
> This kills my crosscompiler which worked for ages:
> "s390x-ibm-linux-gcc: language c++ not recognized"
>
> Guess I need to rebuild the compiler, but: is this change really necessary?
> Until now it was possible to build a kernel without c++ support...

Oh bloody hell.

I figured -x c++ should have worked *FOR THE PREPROCESSOR*... dropping
it should be fine, too, unless gcc is really really old.  This is
probably a case for using $(cc_option) or something.

-x assembler-with-cpp is liable to have platform-specific bugs, since
assembly comment syntax varies by platform.