[klibc] klibc and what's the next step?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Jun 27 10:45:00 PDT 2006

Andi Kleen wrote:

> But not for LVM where this can be fairly complex.
>
> And next would be probably iSCSI. Maybe it's better to leave some stuff
> in initramfs.

Of course, and even if it's built into the kernel tree it doesn't have
to be monolithic (one binary.)  Current kinit is monolithic (although
there are chunks available as standalone binaries, and I have gotten
requests to break out more), but that's mostly because I've been
concerned about bloating the overall size of the kernel image for
embedded people.