[klibc] Re: Merge strategy for klibc

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Mar 20 13:17:13 PST 2006

Al Viro wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 11:54:01AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
>>Okay, as of this point, I think klibc is in quite good shape; my
>>testing so far is showing that it can be used as a drop-in replacement
>>for the kernel root-mounting code.
>>
>>That being said, there is guaranteed to be breakage, for two reasons:
>>
>>a. There are several architectures which don't have klibc ports yet.
>>   Since I don't have access to them, I can't really do them, either.
>>   It's usually a matter of an afternoon or less to port klibc to a
>>   new architecture, though, if you have a working development
>>   environment for it.
>
> Which ones?

This is the status of architectures in klibc, at least as far as I know.

Note that 64-bit architectures which have 32-bit fallback modes (e.g.
MIPS) can use the 32-bit klibc if applicable.

    alpha:        Working
    arm-thumb:    Untested
    arm:          Working
    arm26:        Not yet ported
    cris:         Working
    h8300:        Not yet ported
    i386:         Working
    ia64:         Working
    m32r:         Untested
    m68k:         Not yet ported
    mips:         Working
    mips64:       Not yet ported
    parisc:       Working
    parisc64:     Not yet ported
    ppc:          Working
    ppc64:        Working
    s390:         Working static, shared untested
    s390x:        Working
    sh:           Untested
    sh64:         Not yet ported
    sparc:        Working