[klibc] Re: Warnings building dash

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.apana.org.au
Mon Mar 27 00:44:10 PST 2006

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:56:44AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> >>usr/dash/parser.c: In function ?readtoken1?:
> >>usr/dash/parser.c:838: warning: variable ?out? might be clobbered by
> >>?longjmp? or ?vfork?

> >I can't reproduce this warning with the standalone dash and gcc 3.3.
> >

> The issue is that the workaround doesn't seem to work for gcc 4.

You're right.  These warning are really stupid though since the only
variable we reference from setjmp is already declared volatile.

Anyway, if you're really bothered about this I can go ahead and add
the volatile markers on all these variables.  However, my preference
would be to disable gcc warnings and let sparse take over since it's
a much better tool (and one that we in the Linux community has control
over).

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>