[klibc] syslinux gone?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed May 3 17:20:04 PDT 2006

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> I'm just curious.  The older klibc tarballs had a syslinux dir used to
> build a syslinux image with klibc.  While I haven't used it, I was
> planning on messing with it at some point in the future.
>
> However, the syslinux stuff was removed from recent klibc images.  Is
> there a technical reson for this, or would is still be acceptable to
> use the old Makefiles from that dir to build syslinux?

The reason is that those Makefiles have been unmaintained for a long
time now, and The Way To Do It[TM] should instead be to build syslinux
out of its own box using klcc.

To do that, you have to run:

	make CC=klcc ISUBDIRS=unix ITARGET= BSUBDIRS=

... from the main SYSLINUX Makefile.  This is perhaps a bit more clumsy
than it should be and I probably should add a "make klibc" shortcut for
the above in a future SYSLINUX release.