[klibc] kinit cmdline handling change

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:49:59 PDT 2006

On 5/5/06, maximilian attems <maks at sternwelten.at> wrote:
> anyway if you are not using luks you need to pass cryptopts.
> also if you are using cryptsetup you have glibc on board.

Not necessarilly, cryptsetup may be statically compiled.

> Debian initramfs-tools exports root and allows its boot scripts
> to change it, you might want to read the details
> http://bugs.debian.org/358452

Yes, but last I looked, the debian tools do not use kinit.  They call
run-init after manually mounting the device.

Either way, the cryptsetup point is rather moot, it was just a use
case to illustrate that it makes sense to have kinit command line
params come *before* /proc/cmdline.