[klibc] [patch] skip existing md devices

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed May 10 16:44:27 PDT 2006

Neil Brown wrote:

> I don't really know or the background, but based on the above, I would
> suggest that if GET_ARRAY_INFO succeeds, and raid_disks > 0, then
> leave the array alone.

That sounds like a good idea.

The background is as follows: Aaron wants to be able to intersperse their own /init
program, which then calls kinit (the shipped-with-the-kernel standard klibc component).
This is a good thing; this kind of modularity is one of several serious reasons for klibc.
  At issue is what heuristic to apply to make sure we don't step on what the interspersed
/init did.