[klibc] should ext3 be detected first?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:46:38 PDT 2006

I must profane ignorance of complicated filesystem stuff, so feel free
to call me out here.  Booting a root ext3 drive produces the following
message at boot:

kinit: trying to mount /dev/root on /root with type ext2
EXT2-fs warning (device hda3): ext2_fill_super: warning: mounting ext3
filesystem as ext2

When remounted rw by init, everything looks fine:
$ mount | grep hda3
/dev/hda3 on / type ext3 (rw)

However, I am unsure if the klibc warning has the potential to cause
any problems.  Using rootfstype=ext3 gets rid of this error, but it'd
still be nice to properly shut this message up on an automatic boot
(no rootfstype).

- Aaron Griffin