[klibc] [bug] False debugging with ipconfig

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu May 18 11:27:47 PDT 2006

kinit.c contains the following lines before calling ipconfig_main:
#ifdef INI_DEBUG
	args[a++] = (char *)"-n";
#endif

In my attempts to debug the NFS mounting, this threw me off for a bit.
 (The -n parameter runs a "dry run" and does not actually configure
the network).

Thus, it seems it's actually impossible to debug NFS mounting with the
stock, unpatched klibc.  It might be nice to either specify a second
#define for this, or just call ipconfig twice, once for the dry-run,
then again to fully configure the device.

I know this isn't a big deal, but it'd help to be able to truely debug
a fully functional kinit without needing to patch/edit the source.

Thanks,
Aaron