[klibc] Re: [patch] klibc: merge s390/s390x 2nd try

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri May 26 13:26:21 PDT 2006

Jeff Bailey wrote:
>>> This isn't going to work in the standalone klibc tree...
>> True, I thought you would discontinue the standalone klibc tree. Looks I
>> have no idea what the big plan is :)
>> Should I send patches against the standalone klibc tree? Or the inkernel
>> tree? Or both?
>
> Until it's integrated (and probably for a short while after), us
> early-adopter distros still need the standalone tree. =)

Yes, there is also the issue of klcc which currently isn't in the kernel tree.  It's also
not 100% clear if that is desirable to add to the kernel tree.  Thus, for the time being
assume the separate tree will stick around indefinitely, and that the kernel tree will be
merged from the standalone tree.