[klibc] strverscmp, scandir, alphasort and versionsort

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Tue Oct 3 14:19:08 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:00:27PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >These are implementations of strverscmp, scandir, alphasort and
> >versionsort, and some test cases for them.
> >
> >I know these aren't in POSIX, but they're useful, nonetheless, and
> >someone else might be interested in them.
> >

> What's the motivation for including them in klibc?

I needed something like those under klibc, so I went the full way.

Including them in klibc shouldn't increase the size of programs that don't
use any of them, and some programs might need it (some applets in
busybox do).

On the other hand, it isn't part of a standard (ignoring BSD).

Frankly, I can't give reasons for inclusion. I'm not that familiar with
the goals of klibc, its usage and its development history.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha

--
lfr