[klibc] [git patch] fstype + klibc enhancements

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Tue Aug 14 11:43:11 PDT 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> I don't really want config variables, that the thing.  Including
> <strings.h> is a bug in the upstream source; <strings.h> has been
> obsolete since at least 1989; although I guess having a <strings.h> that
> contains nothing but an #include <string.h> doesn't really hurt us anything.
>
> I really, really hate supporting long-since-obsolete BSDisms because
> they are poorly named and cause real problems in real systems.  It's
> downright irresponsible to not let them die.

ok i'll add your aboves quote to an empty strings.h

actually checking, i find that in mdadm.h :-P

#ifdef __dietlibc__
#include       <strings.h>
#endif

better i'll punch lvm2, busybox and toybox upstream directly.

> (v)dprintf should be possible to implement using a macro or trivial
> wrapper around fprintf in klibc, since we don't have real FILE structures.

ok

that directly leads to the next real trouble: ferror(3)
due to empty _IO_file FILE; hack i don't see how it could be
implemented!?!

feof should be possilbe with something along
if (fgetc(stream) == EOF)
	return EOF;

ferror(3) is used in busybox, lvm2, mdadm, toybox..

--
maks