[klibc] [BUG] Choice between compile errors

Bodo Eggert 7eggert at gmx.de
Fri Jul 6 06:49:10 PDT 2007

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Bodo Eggert wrote:

> > If the linux kernel was built using O=builddir, there is no correct choice
> > for the linux symlink in klibc-1.5. See below for the possible outcomes:
>
> Don't do that then...

It's a standard feature, and it's there because it has a purpose.
I'm compiling for three systems, not using O= would be very inconvenient,
especially if done only to make klibc happy.

> either use a clean kernel tree for this specific
> purpose,

A clean tree won't do, you have to dirty it by starting a compile in order
to get the required headers.

> or use the output of "make headers_install" (which is really
> the Right Thing to do.)

Thanks, you should probably mention that in the README.

To be more precise: The linux link has to point to
 - a linux directory which was used for compiling a kernel without O=
or
 - INSTALL_HDR_PATH after running 'make headers_install'
--
Error, no keyboard -- press F1 to continue.