[klibc] klibc-1.5 released

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Tue Mar 6 09:53:21 PST 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:28:14PM +0100, David Härdeman wrote:
> hpa at zytor.com wrote:
> > I'm looking at the following:
> >
> > - Mount-by-label/mount-by-uuid.
>
> The Debian/Ubuntu initramfs-tools package integrates udev and uses the
> /dev/disk/by-*/something symlinks for the mount-by-label and mount-by-uuid
> support.

I use eval `blkid -l -t`

> > - Ability to fall back on different roots.
>
> Meaning? That several root= parameters could be passed to the kernel and
> they would be tried in order? Or something more advanced?

I support root=any, by listing block devices, trying to mount and
checking if $init and dev/ exists.

I also support kexec, parsing grub.conf and lilo.conf and presenting the
user with a menu. (Alas, Xen domU kernels don't support kexec, and domU
kexec was the main reason for adding kexec support...)

The scripts start with
https://gil.di.uminho.pt/repos/strange/gilix/trunk/base/sources/misc/boot_other

> > - nfsroot on NFSv4.
> > - nfsroot over IPv6, as soon as the kernel supports NFS over IPv6.
>
> Sounds interesting, but wouldn't a proper NFSv4 support require quite a
> large crypto infrastructure?

Is the kernel crypto api available for userland?

--
lfr
0/0