[klibc] Development forever

Oleg Verych olecom at flower.upol.cz
Tue Sep 11 23:02:58 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 02:13:34AM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Oleg Verych wrote:
>
> > == Debian ==
> >
> > I have many things to say and do to Maximilain WRT initramfs-tools, but
> > it's not high priority unfortunately. But, for example,recent dpkg stuff,
> > like geloiwa have o feedback at all.
>
> i'm not a big fan of handwaving ala "I won't argue about initramfs-tools
> example and how they screwed up their design there."
>
> either you come up really *soon* with some code or some interesting
> arguments or i'll be happy to start a killfile.

I'll not say, that i didn't expect such answer, but uh. I wonder, why you
didn't reply in private, as debian developers usually do. Whatever.

Maintenance argument is, that you are not working with native dash debian
package, e.g. maintainer, BTS. That means all that "fork/re-do" crap.
You've even convinced Peter to do that. Maybe you have your good reasons
for that, but from my POV they're bad. And it seems to me, that help
to integrate one particular package in debian nicely, is a whole thing
about distribution.

As for code, i did write, that unfortunately, it is not high priority.
After rather quick boot of laptop, especially with custom built
kernels, i have more problems with other perly-bloated packages. Size
reduction and shell-optimized scripts? I'll bring it, hopefully soon.

--
-o--=O`C
 #oo'L O