[klibc] [patch] mount add move option

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Wed Jul 23 02:39:39 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:24:49AM +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 04:43:30AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:39:38AM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > klibc mount has only short options thus uses the following syntax
>
>  Frankly, it seems like a klibc problem...

well not directly, but right klibc-utils should have proper syntax.
initramfs-tools currently uses belows syntax. before we unmounted
and remounted, which is much uglier.

or even better have the util-linux-ng mount compiled against klibc,
haven't looked into that project yet.

a hook script (live-initramfs) seems to add util-linux-ng mount
for cifs support and thus belows error came to sight.

> > > to move a mounted tree:
> > > mount -o move /sys /root/sys
> > >
> > > this generates the following error on util-linux-ng mount:
> > > mount: you must specify the filesystem type
> > >
> > > belows patch is enough to add an alternative to
> > > mount --move /olddir /newdir
> >
> > Please don't.  Overloading -o for bind mounts initially was a really bad
> > idea already.  -o should be reserved to filesystem options.
>
>  Right. Unfortunately, we already have more exceptions ;-(
>
>  -o {remount,bind,rbind,owner,noowner,groups,nogroups,_netdev,
>     comment,loop}

so they are all getting deprecated?

--
maks