[klibc] [patch] mount add move option

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Wed Jul 23 03:33:54 PDT 2008

hello karel,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:16:27PM +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:39:39AM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:24:49AM +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
<snipp>

> > well not directly, but right klibc-utils should have proper syntax.
> > initramfs-tools currently uses belows syntax. before we unmounted
> > and remounted, which is much uglier.
> >
> > or even better have the util-linux-ng mount compiled against klibc,
>
>  this is the best solution and it's in our TODO for more than one
>  year. But nobody works on that...

it is quite easy, on a debian box you only need to install libklibc-dev,
pass
./configure CC=klcc --without-ncurses
cd mount
make

by the way i'm getting this warning on such a configure run:
configure: WARNING: sys/io.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/io.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/io.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/io.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/io.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sys/io.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to kzak at redhat.com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##

lomount errors on:
lomount.c:253: error: ‘versionsort’ undeclared (first use in this function)

hmm i see no, scandir on klibc side.

hehe seems also you got some small patches for klibc support ;)

>  If you create some restricted and incompatible environment (e.g.
>  "only short options") you shouldn't expect that standard system utils
>  are ready to blindly follow this your decision.
>
>  BTW, I don't understand what is bad on long options. Any idea?

mount in klibc-utils is far from feature complete, can't even print out
current mount status. guess it was just done q&d and thus..
size may play a role, for most purposes in initramfs it is enough for us.

> > >  -o {remount,bind,rbind,owner,noowner,groups,nogroups,_netdev,
> > >     comment,loop}
> >
> > so they are all getting deprecated?
>
>  No. The reason why we support these options is /etc/fstab (the "-o"
>  is a command line alternative to /etc/fstab mount options).
>
>  The "move" is unsupported in /etc/fstab.

i see thanks for explanation.

--
maks