[klibc] ipconfig and boot filename option

Άλκης Γεωργόπουλος alkisg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 10:47:14 PDT 2008

In case someone is still interested in this,

the "ipconfig -c bootp" method had problems, i.e. it crashed
dhcp3-server (Ubuntu 8.04 -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dhcp3/+bug/235309).
Also, the LTSP developers didn't like the idea, because permanent
leases are not suitable for everyone.

On the other hand, I used wireshark to monitor the pxe process from my
laptop NIC, and it does what I suggested in my first post: it just
ignores any offers that do not have a filename option set and keeps on
trying until it receives an offer with a filename.

So I guess I'll try to implement this method for personal use. Oleg,
thanks for the code samples.

Regards,
Alkis