[klibc] klibc stand-alone build

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Mar 5 10:14:05 PST 2008

Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently building an initrd for CRUX which will use klibc. But I
> don't want to install klibc to /usr, I just want to install the shared
> klibc and its header files to $DEST, build some utils against, link them
> dynamically and include both in the initramfs image.
>
> What's the best way to do this?

The easiest is probably to simply put your utilities into the klibc
build tree, and not even worrying about installing it.

Another option is to simply set a different prefix (make prefix=...),
and install klibc in there.  You can also set the individual
subdirectories (libdir, bindir etc. if you prefer.)

Some distros also have a klibc-devel package which would do what you want.