[klibc] bunch of small fixes

Nigel Cunningham ncunningham at crca.org.au
Fri Mar 28 16:23:57 PDT 2008

Hi again.

The other issue here, that's just occurred to me, is that this is only
dealing with the swapspace signature. TuxOnIce also supports writing to
a generic file. Would you like to be aware of that too?

If so, you'll want to know about TuxOnIce's enhanced version of the
resume= commandline option:

resume=[swap:|file:]/dev/<node>[:4k_aligned_page_index]

The simplest way to check for a signature would be to ignore the 'swap:'
or 'file:' part, concentrate on the device/block bit (block=0 if not
specified) and read in the page given by that address.

Then, look at the normal position on the page for a swapspace signature,
checking it for the tuxonice signature (this covers swap partitions and
files).

In addition, to cover the generic file case, check the first bytes of
this page for the same signature.

Having written all this, I see you've replied again. Okay. How about if
we say the signature won't be TuxOnIce or TUXONICE or whatever, but the
value your random number generator gave. I did prefer ascii because when
setting up the file case, people can do something like:

echo "TuxOnIce" > /hibernation-file
dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=500 >> /hibernation-file

Not being a shell guru, I'm not sure what the simplest way is to get
0xedc302e99856e50c into the start of a file. Can you help there?

Nigel