[klibc] PATCH: ipconfig may discard useful packets

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Oct 7 13:00:35 PDT 2008

Άλκης Γεωργόπουλος wrote:

> The DHCP protocol specifically allows for this kind of flexibility. I'll
> quote some phrases from the RFCs.

Of course.  I didn't mean you're trying to violate the spec.

What you're doing is proposing an extension and want other people to
implement it.  Furthermore, your extensions is such that it is rather
specific to your usage case, which makes me a bit reluctant.

What I meant with "not having as much sources of input" is that
dhclient, etc, generally has a configuration file, whereas ipconfig
doesn't.  As such, it's not clear to me how to cleanly implement a local
configuration option, but I'm willing to listen to suggestions -- I
think this is the better approach.