[klibc] Waiting/polling for SD card using klibc utils?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:57:55 PDT 2008

Peter,

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 8:26 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 4:02 PM, maximilian attems <max at stro.at> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>
>> Although it doesn't look really hard to add an architecture, I
>> currently need a quick solution so will probably look beyond klibc.
>>
> It should take about 3 hours to port klibc to a new architecture.  I
> actually have an AVR32 board, I just haven't found the time to set up the
> environment around it -- the actual klibc work is not so much the issue.
>
> I don't know what you mean with needing a "quick solution", but I'd really
> like to see AVR32 support for klibc.  I might take a look to see if I can
> just put something together and ask for help with testing, since that cuts
> down on the amount of time needed for setup.

What I meant to say with a quick solution is that, instead of spending
time on adding new arch support, I am spending time on getting it done
with busybox, as I needed this to work real soonish.

That now works, so I now have time to happily test along with any
AVR32 support you might add.

My test board is a AT32STK1002 and custom hardware.

My environment is the OpenEmbedded build environment and I will make
sure any AVR32 work for klibc is committed for more testing as well.

Regards,
--
Leon