[klibc] Patch queue pushed out

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:28:31 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM, maximilian attems<max at stro.at> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 03:57:53PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
>> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009, Aron Griffis wrote:
>>
>> > H. Peter Anvin wrote:  [Sun Aug 09 2009, 06:38:07PM EDT]
>> >
>> > I checked for my stuff, looks great, thanks!
>>
>> could you post your stuff, from looking at
>> http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/klibc/repos/core-i686/
>> i'd be intested in klibc-compile-shared-by-default.patch
>> hitting upstream.
>>
>> the rest i don't know, but i assume that klibc-Kbuild.patch
>> is also for building shared utils per default,
>> which we prefer too.
>>
>> klibc-x86_64-fix-io.h.patch seems shared with gentoo
>> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/dev-libs/klibc/files/
>
> oh sorry Aron misread your name, adding the archlinux maintainer on cc.

Haha there was a running gag among some of my friends that "agriffis"
(Gentoo) was my nemesis ("agriffin", Arch Linux). This just makes it
all the more funny :)

I think Thomas is the one who dealt with most of these patches, so I'd
let him explain the Kbuild patch (it does a could of weird things,
such as removing kill and cpio, and moving gzip around - those may be
Arch specific).

I'm assuming you guys want git patches?