[klibc] klibc broken on ppc with linux-2.6.27 and workaround

Jeff Bailey jbailey at raspberryginger.com
Thu Jan 1 11:45:03 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:53 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

> I guess I really should spend some TLC on klibc... I haven't given it
> too much time, and with all the header changing around lately it gets
> tricky.

I guess this brings up the integration question again.  I'm not
involved enough in the initramfs-tools stuff with Debian or Ubuntu
enough enough, but I noticed that Dave Jones started an initramfs list
for trying to solve this cross-distro.  Is klibc in that picture?

> The Right Thing[TM] is probably to use the exported header stuff for
> klibc, assuming it contains sufficient information.

It would be nice to hack on something, maybe I'll do that this
weekend.  Let's see what my toddler allows.  I miss hacking. =/

> H. Peter Anvin, Intel Open Source Technology Center
> I work for Intel.  [...]

Eh, I'd missed that.  Congrats.

--
Jeff Bailey - http://www.raspberryginger.com/jbailey/
"(The panda) was so cute and I just wanted to cuddle him," Liu was