[klibc] PATCH: ipconfig may discard useful packets

Άλκης Άλκης
Thu Jan 15 09:41:22 PST 2009

Hi Louis,

I was waiting for hpa to approve or decline my "require a dhcp option"
patch before going on to try to solve this problem, to avoid mixing up
the brances (I'm not experienced with brances!).

But in the meantime, I've found out about the IPAPPEND option of hpa's
pxelinux and the similar ip=xxx kernel parameter, both of which help me
bypass my ipconfig problems: now my clients get an IP address as part of
the pxe-booting phase, and pass it on to ipconfig, avoiding a second
dhcp request.

So I'm not having any problems with ipconfig anymore, because I don't
use its dhcp features, and I've moved on to debugging my other
ltsp-related problems... :-)

But, I _did_ send a not-so-well-tested patch for it in the summer; it
just was a big one instead of many small ones. You may find it in the
mailing list archives, tell me to look for it if you don't.

Kind regards,
Alkis Georgopoulos

Στις 15-01-2009, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 17:50 +0100, ο/η Louis Rilling
έγραψε: