[klibc] klibc broken on ppc with linux-2.6.27 and workaround

Jeff Bailey jbailey at raspberryginger.com
Sat Jan 31 16:51:25 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 6:36 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> Jeff Bailey wrote:
>>
>> This patch assumes that the exported kernel headers are installed in
>> /usr/include/{linux,asm,asm-generic}.  I don't know if it's worth
>> making that trivially tweakable.  I also killed the notion of making a
>> .config file and just rely on defconfig directly.
>>
>> Compiled and passed make test on i386-linux.
>>

> Hm... this would rather break any future hope of kernel integration.
> I'd definitely would like to be able to point at a particular set of
> kernel headers; this matters both for cross-compiling and for kernel
> integration.

Hmm.  Actually, the linux subdir where things are symlinked in is
generated, If you were to prepopulate it with cross-linked headers, it
ought to work.  The only thing is that make mrproper does an rm -rf
now to flush the directory.

Should I put a token in there .KLIBC_WUZ_HERE or something and only rm
-rf if it's present?  That way you could either do make
install_headers to that dir, copy them in yourself or whatever and
have them preserved, but otherwise a git clone and make will continue
to work and do the right thing?

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
Jeff Bailey - http://www.raspberryginger.com/jbailey/
"(The panda) was so cute and I just wanted to cuddle him," Liu was