[klibc] proposed faccessat

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.hengli.com.au
Tue Apr 20 00:42:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 06:29:43AM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:

> if it is not klibc domain to have it we can merge hunk of my
> patch to rename sys_faccessat() to __faccessat,
> then dash config wouldn't see it in klibc and this fun would be over :)

How about if I tweaked dash to check for a 4-arg faccessat instead
of just faccessat?

> not really my call, waiting for hpa to weight in.
> although I'd still like to know what you'd miss Herbert?

Checking the real user/group ID when it's supposed to check the
effective user/group ID is just bound to throw up surprises some
years down the track.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>