[klibc] License for klibc tools?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Feb 11 08:30:47 PST 2010

On 02/11/2010 08:17 AM, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have to know under which license the nfsmount and ipconfig tools are
>> distributed. I cannot find any reference to any license anywhere. Some C
>> files contain a hints to GPL in the source and one folder contains a BSD
>> license, but for most of the package, I can find nothing.
>
> There's also no indication of copyright holder or anything of the sort.
>
> Could we get some sort of response here so that redistribution of
> these tools is all kosher?

nfsmount and ipconfig both are partially derived from Linux kernel
sources, so they are GPLv2.

The work of adapting them from the Linux kernel was done by Brian
O'Sullivan, and I have since made modifications.  Like much of the Linux
kernel code, though, the actual copyright holders is probably lost in time.