[klibc] Call for help with release...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Feb 19 12:05:42 PST 2010

On 02/12/2010 08:29 AM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Would you consider putting out a call for help toward making
>> a release? If the release process isn't too onerous then maybe
>> somebody could help with that responsibility since you've been
>> busy for so long.
>>

> The release process isn't the problem... the biggest problem is that
> there has been changes in the kernel header system, and klibc needs to
> be updated to compile against current kernels.

Alright... here is the call for help...

The way the kernel headers are set up have changed, and I believe klibc
needs to be brought inline with the current kernels.  In particular,
klibc should use the headers exported by "make headers_install" by
modern kernels.

Anyone who would be willing to help with that?  Any help would be
appreciated.

	-hpa