[klibc] Call for help with release...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Feb 20 21:06:37 PST 2010

On 02/20/2010 06:00 PM, Américo Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can help this, but I need to know how klibc uses those headers?
> ;)

klibc, like other libcs, use the kernel headers because they describe
the kernel ABI (system calls, constants, structures and so on.)  Because
klibc was originally designed to build in the kernel tree itself, it
uses the kernel headers directly, but now the kernel has a procedure for
extracting the user-space relevant bits.

We don't have to use this method, for what it's worth, as long as they
*can* be used.