[klibc] klibc-1.5.17 released

Eran Davidovich erancx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 01:53:57 PDT 2010

Hey,

I am currently using some IBM 3850 M2 servers that we have booting from
PXE to do NFS root stuff like updating firmware etc prior to getting the
system installed with an operating system.

Some of these servers install fine and other servers with identical
configurations fail to install. In each case when it fails to start it
gets to the following point

[ 274.004114] NET: Registered protocol family 17
IP-Config: eth0 hardware address 00:21:5e:36:21:c8 mtu 1500 DHCP RARP
[ 274.095943] bnx2: eth0: using MSI

After that it just hangs. I have checked the network and there are no
request for DHCP or RARP so it appears to be a bug in the ipconfig that
is included in the initrd images for Hardy, intrepid or Lucid. This bug
has been persistent for some time and I've been unable to narrow it down
to anything specific.

has anyone had this type of problem in the past with other platforms and
over come it? Any advice would be warmly received.

Thanks!