[klibc] klibc build trouble

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Sat Mar 13 20:33:36 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 04:27 +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
[...]
> so to reproduce the debian trouble:
> git clone git://git.debian.org/git/kernel/klibc.git klibc-debian
> cd klibc-debian
> debuild -B -us -uc
>
> I don't see how we can get around the headers_install target,
> it was added on purpose as previous header installing was
> quite fragile see
> git log scripts/Kbuild.install

But we already solved this problem and the solution is called
linux-libc-dev.  For klibc we just need to do:

	$(Q)for x in /usr/include/linux /usr/include/asm*; do \
		ln -s $${x} $(INSTALLROOT)$(INSTALLDIR)/$(KCROSS)include/ || exit; \
	done

and make klibc-dev depend on linux-libc-dev.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.