[klibc] klibc build trouble

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Sat Mar 13 19:27:49 PST 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 02:31:38AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 00:54 +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> > as the next klibc release 1.5.16 looks like shaping up,
> > I have a trouble to build that for Debian.
> >
> > currently I build depent on linux-libc-dev, I don't know what
> > against I can build latest klibc, see
> >

> > klibc fails to build due too:
> > make -C linux/ ARCH=x86_64 INSTALL_HDR_PATH=debian/tmp/usr/lib/klibc/ headers_install
> > make[3]: *** No rule to make target `headers_install'.  Stop.
> > make[2]: *** [header] Error 2
>
> We can remove this command and simply rely on linux-libc-dev.  We also
> need the following two patches, which I believe are suitable for
> upstream.

thanks for jumping in, sorry I seem to have confused you.
belows needed fixes got added in similar forms, updated the debian repo,
merged in todays 1.5.16 release.

so to reproduce the debian trouble:
git clone git://git.debian.org/git/kernel/klibc.git klibc-debian
cd klibc-debian
debuild -B -us -uc

I don't see how we can get around the headers_install target,
it was added on purpose as previous header installing was
quite fragile see
git log scripts/Kbuild.install

thanks