[klibc] Patch queue pushed out

Alkis Georgopoulos alkisg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 04:40:53 PDT 2010

Στις 15-03-2010, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 11:48 +0100, ο/η Louis Rilling
έγραψε:
> Looks like this issue did not receive enough attention to make it for 1.5.16.
> Could you detail a bit more what kind of cleanups you are expecting to make this
> patch(es) acceptable?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Louis
>
> P.S.: I did not write any of those patches, so I'd prefer if one of the authors
> could take care of cleaning them up.

Hi - I wrote one of those patches.

I just wanted to say that I'm not in a position to test anymore, as in
Ubuntu/LTSP we've moved on to using udhcp because of those specific
ipconfig problems (and we didn't want to keep maintaining a separate
branch). So I almost never use ipconfig anymore.

About the patch, I remember that I had spent many days testing it and
following all the possible code paths. I think it solved 3-4 scenarios
where things could go wrong without it, but I also think that there was
another bug which should be solved, and that patch didn't address it.

So if anyone cares about my opinion, I'd suggest that this patch was
included, and that some time was spent on the other (but similar) bug
that I had described in the list.

Kind regards,
Alkis