[klibc] ipconfig: DHCP fixes

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Tue Mar 16 08:47:25 PDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 04:29:09PM +0100, Louis Rilling wrote:
> On 16/03/10 16:09 +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 03:57:00PM +0100, Louis Rilling wrote:
> > >
> > > Really? My patches are based on latest git (as far as I can fetch):

oh you confused me, really, please never use the same subject
as an old patch. those were still in mem as beeing merged,
so overlooked message body. great queue indeed.

> > okay let me check, one sec, that would suck if they'd not be in.
> > so we are speaking here of:
> > http://git.debian.org/?p=kernel/klibc.git;a=summary
> > branch master I hope
>
> Exactly.

cool.

> > this one contains:
> > cfc8d64
> > maximilian attems
> > [klibc] ipconfig: set null ciaddr on DHCPREQUEST during SELECTING state
>
> This very commit introduced the bug that my second patch fixes. It's mentioned
> in the log.

grr I see.

> > b4bad5b
> > Aron Griffis
> > ipconfig: omit zero-length DHCP vendor_class_identifier
>
> And this very commit introduced the bug that my first patch fixes. Again, it's
> mentioned in the log.
>
> Maybe my patches' logs are confusing?

yes, do you mind now that I'm merging them in that I change
there subject while doing that?

> > >     commit c93c1518a29fadd193ad89d54431a5ce015c8b26
> > >     Author: Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr at debian.org>
> > >     Date:   Mon Mar 15 23:48:08 2010 +0100
> > >
> > >     klibc change packaging
> >
> > yep aboves was a birthday present like change, so happy. :)
>
> And now quilt bugs me because I'm not using dpkg-source???

hmm ah yes you may need an unstable chroot to build it,
need directions on that?

> The surprising thing is that I received only the cover letter???

funny.

> Thanks to you, but I fail to see the sun here :-/

here in Gettysburg after some deluvial rains that made all the snow
melt it is finaly back, hope for some days. :)

thanks.