[klibc] klibc and cross-compilation

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 05:37:04 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to maintain the recipes for cross-building klibc in OpenEmbedded.

Now, I still have a couple of doubts about packaging: first one is
about klcc, which we have to rename blah-blah-klcc and to install in
our sysroot.
This file contains the paths of the toolchain, so it is not suitable
for deployment on target device and we split the recipe and call it
klcc-cross.

But I see debian packages klcc in libklibc-dev and I was wondering if
finally klcc belongs to a SDK after all...

So, my doubt is: what was the original intent about CROSS?
Build a toolchain that runs on your workstation but generates binaries
for the target or
build a toolchain that runs on your target and generates binaries for
the target ?

Thanks for shedding some light.

Regards

Andrea