[klibc] klibc current state

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Tue Aug 16 11:09:51 PDT 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011, Mike Waychison wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 12:14 AM, maximilian attems <max at stro.at> wrote:
> > * Patches in the works:
> > -----------------------
> >
> > - mikew/bootscripts - kinit: Add callsites to execute files
> >  Needs discussion about /scripts path, maybe look at was udev
> >  does, like /lib/kinit/ ??
>
> I don't know what the next steps here are, though I think there are two issues:
>
> - Where do we root the drop directories.  Currently /scripts, but
> /lib/kinit works too.

/scripts surely is not in the FHS spirit, not sure if /lib/kinit follows it
by the letter but sounds better to me according to german wikipedia short:
- "/lib	grundlegende dynamische Bibliotheken und Kernel-Module"

hopefully doesn't collide with the kinit kerberos tool
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/linux/kinit.html

> - What callsites do we need.  Currently, I posted:
>   "after-ipconfig"
>   "after-mount"
>
> Both have obvious names, which may or may not be in good taste.   The
> only other "obvious" place I see there being a potential callsite
> would be "before-resume".   I'm hesitant to add any callsites before
> we actually have use-cases for them, and the only one that I rely upon
> at the moment is the "after-mount" one.

I do have a use case for premount or before-mount in your lingo. (:
I'd need a hook there for invoking udev loading the eventual modules,
so that root can be mounted.

not sure if the "after-" is needed if I'd set a breakpoint at mount
I'd expect the root to be mounted, but maybe I'm just to used of that
in initramfs-tools. So no too strong opinon on that, maybe after is
better as explicit.

> What are your thoughts on switching to /lib/kinit for the base
> directory and iterating from there?

Sounds good to me, only now concerned about that nameclash.
Hmm the one in Debian seems to live in
/usr/lib/krb5/plugins/, so seems to be no trouble.

--
maks