[klibc] Linux early userspace doubts

Prashant Batra prashant0100 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:28:47 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:45 PM, maximilian attems <max at stro.at> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> please keep the mailinglist on Cc, this was *not* a private conversation.
>
> Some people including me may consider topposting as impolite.
>

> On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 11:33:10PM +0530, Prashant Batra wrote:
> > Thanks Maks,
> >
> > One more doubt-
> >
> > Can I have the same ramfs image be used either as built-into the
> kernel(part
> > of vmlnuz) or supplied externally using initrd command on grub and hence
> as
> > kernel parameter?
> >

> this belongs more to kernelnewbies, a bit of googling would have
> pointed you to INITRAMFS_SOURCE in usr/Kconfig of your linux sourse.
>
> Point taken and will CC all the queries.
I am aware that we can give the ramfs source in the usr/Kconfig. But my
question was, does the same ramfs image which I am including in vmlinuz  by
specifying
it in the Kconfig,
be also passed explicitly to the kernel if not included into the kernel
image.
i.e. I can build a ramfs image and use it internally to the kernel or
external to the kernel

Regards,
Prashant Batra

--