[klibc] hppa, powerpcspe: call for klibc/mksh testers

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Fri May 18 10:45:03 PDT 2012

Hi,

no mailing list for powerpcspe? What’s the progress of your
architectures… I don’t see much happening on debian-ports.org,
and taking your architectures off that infrastructure hurts
others (I’ve “revived” m68k and kept it running on d-p.o which
helps a bit).

Anyway: a new klibc (2.0~rc5-1) has been uploaded, and an mksh
companion version (40.9.20120518-1) depending on it and trying
to use klibc for /bin/mksh-static, complete with testsuite that
is run by the buildd (unless DEB_BUILD_OPTS contains nocheck).

Please, please build and test these klibc and mksh versions on
as new a sid environment as you can get (I could probably ask
for access to an hppa lenny chroot, but… ugh!) and see whether
it’ll work for you – klibc on sh4, for example, was broken and
nobody noticed it until I ssh’d to a porterbox (there seem to
not exist any for hppa and powerpcspe) to fix an FTBFS, wanted
to test the result and saw SIGILL (then downloaded the last
version that had built, ran it and saw a SIGILL, so _that_ was
no regression).

A klibc 2.0 release is imminent, so please have a look. I’d
also be interested in the general status of these two ports.

bye,
//mirabilos

PS: It’s possible to get d-p.o access as non-DD. It’s possible
    to become DD relatively quickly too though.
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-