[klibc] klibc breakage on alpha, need porterbox

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Fri May 25 11:02:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

is there a DD-accessible porterbox somewhere (slow would be ok,
as this is smallish software) with an up-to-date sid (enough to
install the recently-built libklibc-dev 2.0~rc5-1 and all other
B-D of mksh 40.9.20120518-1, as well as strace and gdb-minimal)?

Similarily to http://www.zytor.com/pipermail/klibc/2012-May/003229.html
I found klibc-compiled programmes on Alpha to fail (SIGSEGV though,
not SIGILL like on sh4) and would take a look myself first and defer
to you if I can’t find anything, unless you want to peek first, in
which case just say so, and I’ll give a how-to-debug.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of