[klibc] Compilation errors

Peter Christy christy at attglobal.net
Mon Nov 12 06:48:39 PST 2012

On Monday 12 Nov 2012 13:40:32 maximilian attems wrote:
> You are trying to compile against the wrong headers,

Er, OK!

> let me show an easy
> way:
>
> get a linux source:
> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> cd linux
> make defconfig
> make headers_install

But I'm using a kernel that I have built and installed myself, so the headers
should be fine! (The default kernel supplied with Slackware64-14.0 is 3.2.29)
Everything else is running and compiling fine on 3.6.3

> cd ../klibc/
> make  KLIBCKERNELSRC=`pwd`/../linux/usr/

OK, I can see that you are making the compile point to a specific location to
find the headers (which I thought I'd already done by making a symbolic link to
my kernel source tree, but I'll double check...) but to follow your logic, I
need to know where you are starting from! Am I right that KLIBCKERNELSRC
should point to my kernel source tree? (In my case, this is in
/usr/src/linux-3.6.3).

Thanks for your help! Although I'm not a programmer, I do regularly compile
stuff, and usually manage to sort myself out, but this time, I've got confused!

;)

--
Pete
christy at attglobal.net