[klibc] Compilation errors

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Mon Nov 12 11:18:58 PST 2012

Peter Christy dixit:

>I suggest that klibc *should* be looking in the running kernel source tree for

klibc is a C library. The kernel headers in the kernel *source* tree
are only for use to compile a kernel. Since several versions, there
is an *installed* form of the kernel headers, which you use to compile
C libraries and other userspace against.

>the headers NOT in /usr/include/linux, as according to the documentation,
>upgrading the system headers in /usr/src/linux will break glibc.

Then install it to ~/installed-kernelheaders/ or something.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-