[klibc] Compilation errors

Peter Christy christy at attglobal.net
Tue Nov 13 00:53:08 PST 2012

On Monday 12 Nov 2012 19:19:54 you wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 06:55:20PM +0000, Peter Christy wrote:
> > OK, so I've tried this:
> >
> > ~/build/klibc/klibc-2.0.2$ make  KLIBCKERNELSRC=`pwd`/../linux/usr/
> >
> >   GEN     klcc/klibc.config
>
> this assumes to have install linux headers in said path
> ~/build/klibc/linux/
>
> One shouldn't skip essential steps of a recipe!?!

Yes, but as I pointed out, that is something that the distro maintainers
specifically prohibit, as it breaks other things - notably glibc!

OK, lets try and tackle this thing another way: Does klibc have to be compiled
against the kernel with which it is to be used? Or can I (as glibc sppears to
do) compile it against the stock Slackware kernel (for which the headers will
be correct), and then use it with my own kernel?

I'm sorry if this is frustrating you, but I'm sure you realise that you are
giving me advice diametrically opposed to the system developers that I have
trusted for over 15 years!

--
Pete
christy at attglobal.net