[klibc] Recent kexec-tools and klibc on x86/x86-64

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 01:33:18 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:36 AM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> On 04/22/2013 03:39 AM, Andrea Adami wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> trying to update to the latest kexec version I'm blocked by the lack
>> of  basename() and vfscanf() in klibc.
>> I've noticed it only recently because I'm building almost exclusively for arm.
>>
>> This commit intruduced the issue:
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/kernel/kexec/kexec-tools.git/commit/kexec/arch/i386/x86-linux-setup.c?id=3bf0213789d56054f601c5a06372f78567aacdd9
>>
>> Has anybody already a fix? Suggestions?
>>

> With the latest changes to klibc it is probably possible to implement
> vfscanf, although it will increase the size of the scanf engine.
>
> basename() is trivial.
>
>         -hpa

Hi,

thanks for your prompt answer.

Yes, basename can be easily replaced by strrchr().

About vfscanf, my concern is that it could use floating but I don't
expect such types in /sys/firmware/edd.
Probably the parsing code in the a.m. patch could be rewritten but
really I don't have any idea about EDD.

Regards

Andrea