[klibc] Build problems: klibc with Linux 3.10.7

Neal Murphy neal.p.murphy at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Aug 20 13:36:41 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 01:44:39 AM leroy christophe wrote:
> Find attached two patches I have in order to build klibc 2.0.2 against
> kernel 3.8.13
> We had to introduce those patches when going from kernel 3.6 to kernel 3.7
> Hope it helps.

Alas, the patches make no difference. Which means the problem occurs *before*
'make headers_install'. Will now pore through 'make -n ...' to see if I can
make sense of what's happening. ... Oh.

Changing KLIBCKERNELSRC to '/usr' and using the patches lets it build. I'll
see if I can find a more minimal solution.

Does klibc need the kernel headers in its install tree?

There's still the matter of (effectively) including usr/include and
usr/klibc/../include. Though not harmful, is it necessary?