[klibc] klibc 2.0.2 doesn't compile with kernel 3.7.x

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 01:04:53 PST 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:23 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> On 01/04/2013 01:09 AM, Andrea Adami wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there is a patch for that issue, (originally in Debian)
>>
>> http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-initramfs/recipes-devtools/klibc/klibc-2.0.2/klibc-linux-libc-dev.patch
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andrea
>>

> This patch is clearly wrong, but it seems to imply that make
> headers_install is broken (which is possible).  However, it is not the
> right fix.
>
>         -hpa

Ah,
I remember I found that in debian [1] when I recently adapted klibc to
build with linux-libc-headers and not against a kernel tree like
before.
(I had to add mtd headers to be able to build ubi-utils-klibc wich was
packing older mtd headers)

This gives the big advantage of producing arch-specific packages and
not machine-specific (bound to the machine kernel)

Please give us a clue about the proper way to fix it.

Thanks

Andrea

[1] http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/klibc/2.0.1-3.1/klibc-linux-libc-dev